Happy Halloween Design Lovers! The TOP 10 Spooky Spaces
We love any holiday that lets you dress up and eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. PB and chocolate together? I mean, c'mon! #alldayeveryday
This year, I wanted to share a few of my favorite spooky spaces, brought to you compliments of Hollywood. So, which paranormal palaces make our top 10?
- THE SHINING (1980), The Overlook Hotel (those twins are seriously creepy)
- PSYCHO (1960), The Bates Motel (showers are never the same)
- THE AMITYVILLE HORROR (1979), The Amityville House
- THE SIXTH SENSE (1999), 2602 St. Alban's Street house (especially the room with the play tent setup where we first meet the little girl ghost
- ARACHNOPHOBIA (1990), As if the wallpaper in this house isn't scary enough? It's the onslaught of spiders that makes any space in this film feel extra creepy
- ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968), Too much walnut wainscoting can make any room look ominous
- STRANGER THINGS (2017), The Byers House
- CARRIE (1976), Pretty much everywhere Carrie went seemed creepy
- SILENCE OF THE LAMB'S (1991), Buffalo Bill's House
- ANNABELLE, Creation (2017), That house!
So there ya have it, our favorite (or should I say, least favorite) spaces from Hollywood Halloween-worthy movie sets.
Safe trick-or-treating everyone!